Delta Airlines is simplifying the travel experience by removing the change/cancel fee – empowering passengers to take control of their reservations in a more flexible and efficient way. The latest inception of the Delta Covid cancellation policy means easier and efficient management of your travel via Delta.com or mobile booking app. Here are the important highlights from the Delta Covid policy –
Flexible Travel – Yes, just like life our travel plans can change. To simplify your travel experience, the US-based airlines have introduced a generous Delta Covid cancellation policy, thereby eliminating the change and cancellation fee for flights originating from North America to anywhere in the world. The only exception that applies to the Delta Covid policy is Basic economy fare which is not covered for any changes or cancellations. For all the tickets purchased on or before April 30, 2021, there will be no penalty assessed for requesting any changes or cancellation to the booking.
By not levying a change or cancel fee means that you can reebok or cancel your Delta Airlines reservation for domestic as well international travel at no extra charge. Here are the important considerations from the Delta Airlines Covid 19 cancellation policy –
- No Delta change or cancel fee for travel within the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and the Caribbean
- No Delta change or cancel fee for travel originating from North America to anywhere in the world
- Delta Airlines Covid 19 policy does not cover Basic Economy fares.
Flexible Travel for SkyMiles Members – No SkyMiles members can enjoy greater flexibility with Delta Covid cancellation policy, as their award tickets are eligible for changes and cancellation anytime before departure. Here’s what you need to know –
- Award tickets are eligible for free changes and cancellation anytime before departure
- The travel must be originating from North America to anywhere in the world
- Changes and cancellations made within 72 hours of scheduled departure would not result in the loss of miles
- Delta Covid cancellation policy would apply to all the award tickets purchased after August 9, 2020
Manage your request with ease – With the ‘My Trip’ section on the Delta.com or mobile booking app, it is easier to request changes or cancellations in just a few simple steps – saving you time and empowering you to stay in control of your travel plans.
As per Delta Airlines Covid 19 policy, If you have a sudden change in your travel plans please ensure to make changes anytime before travel.
Offering flexibility to use Travel Funds – Delta Airlines is giving new life to the flight tickets by offering more flexibility to fly when you are ready. All tickets expiring in 2021 and new tickets booked in 2021 are valid until December 31st, 2022. All your ticket costs would be converted into travel funds, whenever you’re ready, just log on to Delta.com, go to the ‘My Trip’ section, verify your existing booking value information, and apply the travel funds to rebook your flights when you’re ready to fly.
Delta Airlines Covid 19 Cancellation Policy – Change/Cancel Booking
Keeping in mind our sudden change in travel plans due to the government’s travel restrictions, Delta Covid cancellation policy simplified travel by waiving the Delta change or cancel fee for all the tickets originating from North America departing to anywhere in the world. Delta Airlines Covid policy states –
- Passengers can have the maximum flexibility of changing or cancelling their flight reservation’s flight time, travel location, and flight date anytime prior to departure without paying any fee.
- At times, the new flight may cost in surplus than the existing one. In this case, passengers may need to pay the fare difference in price.
- Please ensure that the existing reservation needs to be cancelled or changed prior to the scheduled departure, otherwise, the booking will have no remaining value as the entire travel funds would be forfeited.
- Delta Airlines reservation would not be charged a fee for cancelling a ticket, as the fare value would automatically be converted to eCredit that can be used anytime within one year from the date of purchase.
Delta Covid Cancellation Policy – How to Change/Cancel your flight?
With Delta Covid restrictions in place, it is very easy and simple to make amendments to your booking in just a few easy steps –
- Find your e-ticket/booking reference/PNR
- Find your travel
- Alter your Delta Airlines booking
- Change or Cancel
Find your e-ticket/booking reference/PNR
You can use the six-digit booking reference generated at the time of booking to retrieve your reservation on delta.com
- Check your inbox – Search for ‘Your Delta flight booking’ and locate the email that attaches with the booking you want to change or cancel.
- Locate your booking credentials – You find the six-digit booking reference or 13-digits e-ticket number in the top section of the email.
Find your travel
Click on the ‘My Trip’ section enter your six-digit booking reference or 13-digits e-ticket number in the required field along with the passenger’s first and last name to retrieve your booking.
Alter your Delta Airlines booking
Once you have located your Delta Airlines reservation, click the ‘Modify flight’ button.
- Select whether you want to modify your flight itinerary or cancel your booking.
- Take a step-by-step process of changing or cancelling your flights. Rest assured, as per Delta Covid cancellation policy, you will not be charged any change or cancel fee.
Change or Cancel
Change – Once you have selected the ‘Flight change’ option, you can choose the new flight from the list of available flight options. The fare value of the existing flight reservation would be applied to the cost of the new flight ticket. You can view the Travel Credit reflected on the checkout page where you can complete the change process and view your confirmation.
Cancel – Once you have selected the ‘Flight cancel’ option, you will be taken through the cancellation process. Before confirming the cancellation request, you will have the opportunity to review your existing booking details and to affirm that you would need to cancel the particular flight or not.
You will be issued in the name of ‘Delta refund coronavirus’ either in the form of Delta eCredit or to your original form of payment depending on the ticket type and fare rules applied to your booking.
Delta Airlines Covid Restrictions
Because travel restrictions are in place, Delta Airlines is here to help you navigate and guide you to the changes before you go. Here are the few things to keep in mind before you prep up to fly –
- Travel Checklist – review Delta covid restriction checklist before packing to see what is allowed or restricted as part of your luggage.
- Packing you carry-on – Pack very light if bringing a hand luggage onboard. As per Delta Airlines covid restrictions policy, Passengers must avoid all touchpoints while keeping the bag in overhead bins as airlines’s crew members would not be available to assist customers in placing bags.
- Use Delta App – Download the Delta Airlines app for a contactless travel experience. Access your reservation on your smartphone and tap to see the seat map that give access to all the information such as blocked seats prior to your scheduled departure.
- Delta Airlines covid test requirements – As per Delta covid restriction policy, all passengers must wear face masks all the time while in the airport, at the time of boarding and disembarkation.
Delta Covid Cancellation Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, all travelers aged 2 and over flying to/from an international or domestic destination (United States) must obtain a negative Covid RT-PCR test report to be eligible for boarding within three days of scheduled departure.
Keeping in mind our sudden change in travel plans due to the government’s travel restrictions, Delta Covid cancellation policy simplified travel by waiving the Delta change or cancel fee for all the tickets originating from North America departing to anywhere in the world. Delta Airlines Covid 19 cancellation policy would not be applicable on Basic economy tickets.
Delta Covid cancellation policy is simplifying the passenger’s travel experience by eliminating the change or cancel fee for travel on or before April 30, 2021.
However, Delta Airlines change fee might appear at the time of selecting a new flight but don’t worry, the fee will be waived at checkout if the new selection meets the Delta Airlines Covid restrictions criteria.
Delta Airlines is giving new life to the flight tickets by offering more flexibility to fly when you are ready. All tickets expiring in 2021 and new tickets booked in 2021 are valid until December 31st, 2022. All your ticket costs would be converted into travel funds, whenever you’re ready, just log on to Delta.com, go to the ‘My Trip’ section, verify your existing booking value information, and apply the travel funds to rebook your flights when you’re ready to fly.
As per Delta Covid cancellation policy, passengers would not be charged any fee for requesting changes or cancellation to their existing booking purchased on or before April 30th, 2021. At times, the new flight may cost in surplus than the existing one. In this case, passengers may need to pay the fare difference in price.
If the cost of your new flight is less than the price of your original flight, you will receive an eCredit for the difference that you can redeem towards future travel.
Submit your review