Delta Airlines is one of the most popular airlines based in America which offers domestic as well as international flights to almost every part of the world. It is one of the major airlines in the world and has been serving customers since 1924.
For domestic and international travel, Delta is one of the top choices to fly with and so it is very common for people to be in a situation where they need to book a flight with Delta Airlines. While flight tickets can be booked online, an individual can also call Delta Airlines to book flight seats and make reservations. Call Delta reservations at +1-855-915-0936 in case you have any queries regarding booking flights, baggage policies, and so on and so forth. Also, you can, of course, call Delta Airlines reservations to book your flight reservations via telephone.
Call Delta Airlines Reservations +1-855-915-0936
- How do I book my flight reservation?
- How do I cancel my flight?
- I have booked a Basic Economy ticket, how can I upgrade?
- How many bags may I carry on?
- I have missed my flight, can I change my flight?
- Is my canceled ticket eligible for a refund?
- How do I book a Delta Skymiles reservation?
- And many, many more.
Here is an overview of Delta Airlines reservation policy.
Fares and Discounts
Fares are of two types, refundable and non-refundable. Refundable fares are highly flexible and most often do not need to be purchased in advance, while non-refundable fares give you more value for money but have a lot of restrictions.
Different fare classes:
Features of Basic Economy Fare
Basic Economy i.e. E booking class is ideal for price-driven customers as it is a value-fare class. Basic Economy fares are the lowest, however, they have certain restrictions such as the passengers’ seats are assigned after they check-in and tickets cannot be changed or refunded after the 24 hours Risk-Free Cancellation period. Moreover, the passenger will not be eligible for certain benefits such as paid or complimentary upgrades, paid or complimentary preferred seats, paid or complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+ or same-day confirmed/standby travel changes, irrespective of whether the passenger has Medallion status or some other elite status.
Advance Seat Selection
With Basic Economy fares, the passenger does not have the option of selecting seats in advance. For Basic Economy travelers, their seats will be auto-assigned and that too only after they check-in.
Child Fares and Ticketing
In domestic flights i.e. for travel within the United States, Delta Airlines does not provide discounts in fares for travel of children or infants. To know more about child ticketing, you can visit Delta’s website or call delta airlines reservations.
TAXES, FEES, and CURRENCIES
The taxes and carrier-imposed fee that the passenger needs to pay depends upon various factors including the countries or airports they are traveling to and fro from.
In most of the industrialized countries of the world, fares are filed and quoted in the primary currency of those nations and in USD in case of other countries. If any Delta customer is eligible to pay with miles (in the Skymiles program), he or she can log in and ask for the fare to be quoted in USD, irrespective of the country he or she is originally traveling from.
If a customer buys tickets on the delta.com website, it will be reported to their credit or debit card issuer as sales made in the travel origin country. For instance, if a passenger buys a ticket from Paris to Washington D.C, that sales transaction will be reported as a sale made in France in Euros. In this case, suppose France is not the credit/debit card billing address country, then the credit/debit card issuer may record a foreign transaction and/or assess currency conversion fee, according to the cardholder agreement.
Note that a separate internet ticketing fee is charged in the countries of Sweden, the Netherlands, and Denmark when each ticket is purchased with a credit/debit card having a billing address in one of these three countries. For Sweden it amounts to SEK 50, for the Netherlands it is EUR 10, and for Denmark, the charge is DKK 40.
Finding Low Fares
- Subscribe to and sign up for the Delta Email Programs and go to Deals & Offers frequently to stay updated about the latest fare specials and deals that Delta Airlines offers. Also, check out the seasonal deals offered by Delta such as during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- The main tip to find low fares is to plan very well in advance. The more in advance a passenger plans, the greater are his or her chances of getting lower fares. Keep in mind that fares usually need to be purchased in advance. If you are flying for a holiday, make sure to plan as early as possible, since the highest demand travel times include holidays and school vacations. Due to this, some people book their flights six months in advance.
- It is also advisable that the customer tries different days and different times, as fares can vary from one day to another as demand fluctuates. In general, the trend is that fares remain lower on days such as Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays while they surge up on Fridays and Sundays. Additionally, flights later in the evening are cheaper as they have lesser demand.
- Another piece of advice is to look for other airports in the nearby area because in case the lower fares have been sold out at one airport, there is a chance that the same fares are still available at a nearby airport.
- While booking your flight, always consider booking a round trip, as round trips usually cost less than two one-way flights.
Delta Flight Changes, Cancellations, and Refunds
If you want to change your flight:
- During 24 hour Risk Free Cancellation period (i.e if you have booked your flight less than 24 hours ago): If you have a Basic Economy fare or a Non-refundable ticket or a Refundable/Flex ticket, no extra fee will be charged, you just have to pay the fare difference of the flight you take in place of the previous one.
- After 24 hours Risk-Free Cancellation period: In this case, if you have a Basic Economy fare, changing flights is not permitted. However, if you have a Non-refundable ticket of other class, you can change your flight but you have to pay an extra $200-500 along with the fare difference of the flight you take in place of the previous one. If you have a Refundable/Flex ticket, no extra fee will be charged. You just have to pay the fare difference of the flight you take in place of the previous one.
- Within 24 hours of Flight Departure: For Basic Economy fare, this is not permitted. However, for a Non-refundable ticket or a Refundable/Flex ticket, you can change your flight i.e. board a different when available, and you have to pay at least $75 extra.
Cancel or Refund your flight
If you want to cancel your flight and get refunds, here are the policies (keep in mind that although you can cancel Basic Economy fare ticket you cannot get refunds):
- During 24 hour Risk-Free Cancellation period: If you have a Basic Economy fare or a Non-refundable ticket or a Refundable/Flex ticket, no extra fee will be charged for cancellation.
- After 24 hours Risk-Free Cancellation period: In this case, if you have a Basic Economy fare, canceling flights is not permitted. However, if you have a Non-refundable ticket of other class, you can cancel your flight but a cancellation fee of $200-500 will be deducted before you are refunded the fare amount, and the refund is made in the form of eCredit, and also depends on ticket types and flights. If you have a Refundable/Flex ticket, after cancellation, you can file a request for refund and you will be refunded the full fare amount, without any cancellation charges.
- Within 24 hours of Flight Departure: In this case, if you have a Basic Economy fare, canceling flights is not permitted. However, if you have a Non-refundable ticket of other class, you can cancel your flight but a cancellation fee of $200-500 will be deducted before you are refunded the fare amount, and the refund is made in the form of eCredit, and also depends on ticket types and flights. If you have a Refundable/Flex ticket, after cancellation, you can file a request for refund and you will be refunded the full fare amount, without any cancellation charges.
This is just an overview of the Delta reservations policy, so it is quite common to have further doubts and queries. To assist with that, the Delta Customer Care has a cordial team which will attend to all the queries and needs of the customers. Customers need to call delta airlines reservations at +1-855-915-0936 to find help with all sorts of queries regarding reservations and more.
Call Delta Airlines Reservations
Submit your review
I wanted to book a ticket for my girlfriend and somebody suggested Delta Airlines. I wanted to call Delta Airlines Reservations number but it was not available on the website. While googling, I found the number on a third party website. The help provided on the number was spot-on. Much thanks.